Regular giving – why support us?
HospiceCare North Northumberland has been part of our community for more than 20 years. We are the main providers of free end of life care for local people within their own homes. We also run two drop in centres for patients and carers and bereavement support.
In the last two years referrals for our hospice at home service have more than doubled and in order to meet this increased demand we need to raise £525,000 a year. The NHS contributes only 7.5% of this, leaving us to rely on the generosity of our local community to raise over £485, 000 through donations and fundraising.
Why regular donations are vital to the work we do
Regular donations are a wonderful gift! They allow us to plan for the future and budget accordingly.
Friends membership – Join us Today
And become a member of our amazing group of FRIENDS who joined us because they value the work we do in our community and appreciate the enormous task we have to raise funds every year. Most importantly the money you donate will stay local and help local people.
As one of our valued FRIENDS, you will be given a free entry pass for two people to one of our Open Gardens each year. (Please be aware that to comply with Inland Revenue requirements only friends who donate a minimum of £40 per annum are eligible for this pass)
If I join, what happens to my personal details?
- As an independent local charity, we never pass or sell data to any third party
- We always comply with the requirements of data protection law regarding how we contact supporters
- We don’t cold call or buy details for mailshots - Hospice Happenings is our only paper publication, and it is distributed by postcode and never personally addressed
- We do keep in touch with our Friends, but don’t put pressure on them to increase their giving
- We don’t employ external fundraisers
How do I join?
If you wish to pay by credit/debit card you can go straight to our BT My Donate page and sign up online.
Or if you wish to pay by standing order please download and complete the Living and Giving Appeal Form by clicking the link below and return it to the Hospice at the address on the form.
Once your regular donation has been registered we will send you a letter of confirmation and your FRIENDS membership card.